On Sunday, January 27, The Ministry of Families, Children and Youth (FamChY) will sponsor another Church World Service (CWS) Disaster Relief project of assembling hygiene kits for refugees and other survivors of disaster at 11:45 am in the Pillar Room. All ages are welcome. The group will have bake sales throughout January to support the project as well.
Through that date, please bring items from the list below and place them in the steel tubs in the Hall of Entrance.
We are aiming to make 100 kits, each with the following new items:
• Hand towel between 15”x 28” and 16”x 32” size — no fingertip towels, dish towels, bath towels, or microfi-
• Wide-tooth comb
• Fingernail or toenail clipper
• Bath-size bar of soap in wrapper
• Toothbrush in the package — no toothpaste, please
• 10 standard size bandaids
• 100 1-gallon ziplock bags and a number of large card-board boxes for mailing the kits to CWS
We are also raising money to ship the kits to CWS in the US ($200), and then for CWS to process them ($2/each) and send them overseas through proceeds from FamChY–sponsored Sunday Bake Sales, which will take place during the After Party throughout January.