This Sunday, Martin Luther King Day weekend, we will worship with our whole bodies in service to our church and wider community in our biannual Service-as-Worship Sunday!
After a brief worship service (10-10:20am), choose from a variety of service projects (see a sample list below), all ages and abilities friendly (nursery care will be available as usual, ages 0-3, and preschoolers will have their own project in Durant House!)
The Sanctuary will also be open for prayer, with recorded music, for those who understand their work to be prayer on behalf of the church and the world.
- Donations of cereal, peanut butter and tuna/salmon/protein for the Berkeley Food Pantry!
- Garden tools (especially rakes!) or gloves
- and/or your sewing machine (for quilting)
- Comfy clothes you don’t mind getting earthy or dusty!
Around 11:15 am, we’ll gather back on the Terrace for the After Party, followed by a 2020 budget information meeting and other various activities!
- Postcard advocacy for Amnesty International and East Bay Sanctuary
- Bringing pizza and water to our unhoused neighbors in People’s Park
- Making art and love notes for newcomers to church, unhoused neighbors and others
- Litter pickup and weeding on our campus and at Alzheimer’s Services of the East Bay across the street
- Quilt-making for homeless youth (bring your sewing machine!)
- Tidying closets and cleaning out refrigerators
- Making antiwar protest posters in the hopes we will never need them
- Cookie-baking for the Afterparty (if we can find a Team Leader for this project: is it you? Email Molly if so)