Current Job Opportunities at First Church
Emerging Music Ministry Leader
First Church Berkeley UCC, a progressive, welcoming community, is recruiting an Emerging Music Ministry Leader to work in partnership with the Director of Music to plan, select and lead music at worship services and church events.
Essential duties include:
- selecting, coordinating and leading music at select worship services and church events, approximately once every four to six weeks;
- coordinating and leading rehearsals, as needed, for selected music;
- other duties as assigned
This is an independent contractor position that requires:
- a familiarity with, and desire to, explore contemporary progressive Christian worship music;
- the ability and desire to encourage the musical talents of community members;
- a proven ability to recruit volunteers and to work collegially with them and church staff
- strong communication skills.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a brief cover letter and resume to Director of Music, Derek Tam, at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Candidates will be paid a competitive per-set fee, depending on qualifications and experience.