Calm down, Buddy, it’s only November! First Church members can help this giant elf catch his breath by getting on over to Realm or PayPal and chipping in for the Christmas Eve Gift Bags. Try to donate by Sun., Nov. 26, to help us plan and purchase. With your help, the Justice & Service Ministry is hoping to assemble 30 bags on Sun., Dec. 17, each stuffed with about $80 worth of items to bring a little joy to an unhoused neighbor. Bags will include:
- Love Notes — hand-written messages of hope from First Church members
- Gift Cards
- Slim Jims & other snacks
- Headlamps, and more. See the full list here.
Other ways to participate:
- Dec. 3 & 10: Help write Love Notes during the After Party. A Love Note is a simple hand-written message of hope and comfort to let the recipient know we are thinking of them
- Dec. 3 & 10: Drop off gift cards ($10 Target, $5 Peets, $10 bills)
- Dec. 17: Join the Gift Bag assembly line.