Sun., Jan. 16, 2022 @ 10 am
Livestream and then Zoom
Omicron cannot stop us from serving our fellow humans, even as worship moves online only for the month of January! Our planned Service as Worship Sunday will continue as planned this Sun., Jan. 16 as a tribute to the spirit of universe-arc-bending that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. preached.
We will host a brief 30-minute worship service on our usual livestream here, and at about 10:30 am will immediately move into the After Party here, where you will have an opportunity to choose from approximately 8 breakout sessions (see descriptions below).
Alternatively, if you are looking for a more physical opportunity to serve, and feel safe to gather outdoors & masked, you are invited to come to the church campus at 10 am to watch church on your device and join with a few others for a seasonal cleanup!
- Orientation to participate in the annual Alameda County unhoused persons Point-in-Time Count
- Writing love notes to participants in the Snapkids program (BYO pen and note cards)
- Plan a beach cleanup for a future date
- Plan a shift at the Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Quilt making for Youth Spirit Artworks Tiny House Village (please contact Janet McDonald, [email protected], in advance to coordinate getting supplies)
- Extended prayer time for justice issues
- Letter writing to Congress re: justice issues (BYO pen and paper/envelope if writing snail mail)
- People’s Choice Brainstorm (come together to brainstorm easy/safe service projects you can do in or near your own home, with accountability partners!)
- ONSITE ONLY: Outdoor workday at church (get your hands dirty and make the church beautiful with a few church friends! Meet outside on Dana Lawn at 10 am, and bring a personal device to watch online church on before the physical part of the workday begins at 10:30 am)