— Jeanne Strauss, Moderator
Following worship on Sun., Dec. 10, we are holding a special Congregational Meeting in the sanctuary. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend! There are two items on the agenda:
- Vote on the plan for Rev. Molly and Rev. Kelly to become Co-Pastors
- Engage in an informational session about our Affordable Housing plans with EBALDC (East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation) (read more below)
Church Council has put forth this motion for the Dec. 10 vote:
“We move that Rev. Molly Baskette and Rev. Dr. Kelly Colwell serve as co-pastors of First Congregational Church of Berkeley UCC, sharing equally in the roles and responsibilities of Senior Minister. We further move that when either minister leaves her call at FCCB, the remaining minister shall retain the position of Senior Minister. At that time, the Minister and Church Council, led by Moderator, Moderator-Elect, Chair of Personnel, Chair of SF&A (Stewardship, Finance, and Administration), and Treasurer, will discern next steps. This plan will be harmonized with our church bylaws in the upcoming bylaws update.”
If any changes to the above motion arise, we’ll post them in upcoming Carillons.
EBALDC, our chosen affordable housing developer, along our architects, David Baker Associates and Yes Duffy Associates, will be with us after the co-pastor vote for an exciting slideshow of what they have been working on. Our guests, in conjunction with our Affordable Housing Team, will:
- Show us some possibilities they have modeled for the housing going in on the north end of our campus
- Share with us similar projects they have worked on so we get a sense of scale, design and aesthetics
- Talk us through the process so we are aware of the timeline and next steps, and
- Answer any questions you have!