Nov. 30 – Dec. 22, 2022
In western Christianity, the season of Advent is the time when we prepare to celebrate the birth of Christ. Yet, it is also the time of darkness, a time when we are called to go inward and reflect. To help us make time for this important task, the Worship and Spiritual Life Ministry (aka Deacons) is offering two early morning spiritual reflection groups that will meet weekly on Zoom during this period. No preparation will be required. All you need to do is show up! We will be using reflection guidelines written by one of our FCCB members, Ann Naffziger, titled Around the Advent Circle. The groups will be led by Kerrie Hein.
Contemplating Advent: Early Morning Zoom Walking Group
- Day: Wednesdays
- Time: 7 – 7:45 am
- Dates: 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21
- Location: Zoom + walking outside on one’s own
- Description: We will begin on Zoom with a moment of silence, listen to a passage and a bible verse, take 20 minutes of go outside and walk in silence while reflecting on the reading, and then return to the Zoom meeting for 15 minutes to share our reflections, and close with prayer.
Contemplating Advent: Early Morning Zoom Writing Group
- Day: Thursdays
- Time: 7 – 7:30 am
- Dates: 12/1, 12/9, 12/15, 12/22
- Location: Zoom
- Description: We will begin with a moment of silence, listen to a passage and a bible verse, take 10-15 minutes of silence to reflect and write, 15 minutes to share about the reading and writing, and close with prayer.
To sign up for a group, please email your name and phone number to [email protected].
May this Advent season be a time of deepening your spiritual understanding and connection to your faith community.