Wednesdays, March 1, 15, 22, 29, 5:30 to 6:30 pm, on Zoom
Lots of us at First Church Berkeley are bookworms–a chief part of our spiritual practice. We’ve chosen two books to read through Lent this year. If you’d like to get started reading early, they are: On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World, by the incredibly wise/charming Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg, and Rev. Molly’s own How to Begin When Your World is Ending: A Spiritual Field Guide to Joy Despite Everything (purchase a discounted copy directly from Molly any Sunday–it’s also available on Audible and Kindle).
Save the Dates for discussion (all discussions will happen over Zoom. Feel free to log in while making or eating dinner!):
- Wed., March 1, 5:30 to 6:30 pm: How to Begin: Prayer
- Wed., March 8 – *no session
- Wed., March 15, 5:30-6:30 pm: How to Begin: Everyday Mysticism
- Wed., March 22, 5:30-6:30 pm: On Repentance: Cancel Culture vs. Call-In Culture
- Wed., March 29, 5:30-6:30 pm: On Repentance: The Problematic Nature of Forgiveness